Friday, November 28, 2008

Greetings all fellow bloggers and movie enthusiasts. I have come as a savior to the movie industry, as I have brought with me the weapons of the gods and the trust of peers. I possess a power beyond anything the Emperor ever held, and I make Chuck Norris shiver. Now seriously, here is what I am really doing here. I find myself hugely attracted to film, it is a type of media entertainment I find arousing. It is a crowning achievement in human history, (that doesn't mean electricity, government, bread, and breasts don't rank up there) but I find it definitely deserves its recognition. I always enjoyed reading reviews over great and horrid movies just to see if other people felt the sort of emotional connectivity I felt to movies. I had high hopes, but the critics shattered any happiness I felt. Maybe perhaps it is the fact they make money from criticizing, but sometimes good movies warrant a decent review. They NEED to criticize to make money, to put food on the table, to put clothes on their backs, a roof over their head, (excuse my cliches), and a warm bed to crawl into after a grueling day. I understand that. But then....there are those people who think because they are on the Internet, they are all high and mighty kings. They believe that they are divine in blood, and that what they type is pure justification and fact. It is time for a wake up call. Those slimy weasels who are always saying, "I have this fancy degree, this super career". Where is the proof? They never have any. They are complete idiotic fools who don't understand the aspect of film and it's motives. Do those fools really expect us to believe "Rocky" was a corny creation of fodder for pigs? Or that Indiana Jones was never popular. This one is my favorite. "The Marx Brothers are boring". I do believe that America my be dumbing down a bit. I mean, we are like what, #23 on the most intelligent countries list or something like that? How embarrassing, especially to a country as grand as this one. Now, don't get the wrong idea here. Sure I am bashing others right now, but I myself am no deity. I am not the most smartest person in the world, nor am I even worth of being considered a serious critic by people. All I say is this, I am going to review movies because they deserve what they require to satisfy their lust as remarkable pieces of art. It is time we stopped comparing movies to books. Not ALL movies need a deep complex story, just as long as it entertains you. Since, after all, that was the whole point of movies in the first point. Sure, a bit of depth and realism would be nice, and while some movies require this as a foundation, others get along just fine with moderate amounts. I am gonna post here MY personal reviews, giving good movies good thoughts, and picking out the bad ones to be cast away into the piles of crap they belong in. I don't expect you to like me, but at least think to yourself, "What IS a good movie?". Just remember that, my friends, just remember that.

Yours truly,
The Master Hunt

No comments: